Of Frogs and Roses
As I want Alignment to be a bit more important than it has become in 5e and a bit less generic and tied into the world I have ponderd these changes:
- There is a reduction in possible alignments, Law is only One alignment, as Order can only contain One Way, The Right Way. neutral has two alignmets Evil and Good, symbolising how you balance between self and all (the True Neutral is on the table, buuuuut ….). Chaos has the standard three Evil, Neutral and Good as is fitting for something that encompasses everything.
- A Lawful person strives constanty after perfection and the One True Way of doing everything. No one is absolutely perfect (except the principle of Sol Invictus) but you can strive for it.
- Neutrals (evil and good) is where the most people ends up.
- Chaotic Evil is about the destruction of the order of universe to oppose the stagantion of Law.
- Chaotic Neutral is Most Fey and is either a disregard for order for own betterment or an lethargic acceptance of the randomness of reality.
- A few Fey are chaotic Good and some humans, still beliving that good can be achieved without rules, society and stagnation.
A first sketch of Alignments